Wednesday, April 29, 2020

3 Years Later...

Sup guys.

Nice to be writing on here again. It's obviously been a while. Since I've been gone I graduated college, entered the working world, built new skills, read great books, and got back into grinding out new artistic work.

While my upload schedule hasn't much changed (uploading at least 1 video each month) I've become a lot more invested into making videos, much like how I was back in 2010 - 2012. College, tbh, made me less ambitious because I felt like I lost a sense of freedom & novelty while there.

It was different working with other filmmakers since I primarily work by myself on YouTube. With YouTube, I can do whatever I want and I feel more 'free' when I produce my content. When you're making/writing films in school you have professors (who sometimes act like executives) watching over you and telling you what works and doesn't work with your film. Obviously, right? The problem is these teachers haven't really done anything big in the industry themselves. You know the phrase, "Those who can't do teach." Well...

Sometimes I would get adjunct professors who are active in the industry and they usually give better advice because they're actually doing their craft. I also had to make films for my fellow film students which makes it hard to do something out of the box. Everyone's trying to be the next pretentious thing. Maybe I wasn't used to the environment.

Anyway, that's that. Oh, and I got a new video out.


Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment